Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Abstract Horse Painting A Pair of Horses by Texas Equine Artist Laurie Pace

A Pair of Horses
22 x 28 inches Acrylic on Stretched Canvas 
Available...
 

©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011  
Contact me for your own commissioned painting 
or to purchase this piece: Laurie   




SEEDS to plant....

In this non-relenting heat watermelon has become our friend. We buy the seedless one and usually pick up a smaller melon so it does not go to waste. Nothing tastes better than a shake of salt on a slice of cold watermelon. YUM!  This new variety of seedless makes me wonder how they keep growing them if there are no seeds from the fruit to spread and create new plants.



Morgan called earlier and was sharing his day and mentioned he and Kelly might do some community service together on the weekends.  We were talking about planting seeds of kindness in our days.  Simple seeds go back to my typical adage of share a smile it goes a mile... or as I suggested to Morgan open a door for someone and say good day to them.  Those simple things can change a life.


 Traveling last summer to upper state NY was a trip of seed planting as well. Many new friendships were made and days of art and sightseeing shared, and Jamie Grossman gave generously of her hospitality to Terry and I in the Saugerties area of New York.  I was thrilled to meet her and Gretchen Kelly.  Jamie planted seeds in me in early 2009 when Artists of Texas came into being after she blogged about the gathering of the NY artists to paint in the Hudson River Valley area. 

The beauty of our September 2010 trip to New York state has stayed with Terry and I.   I do believe if NY did not have state income tax, we might pack it up and move north.

This was taken of the evening sky at Jamie's country home.  It was absolutely stunning.  I took many images as she toured us through the countryside and I am just now getting to them and hope to use them in some of my work. More Jamie seeds planted.


May this light of Heaven fill your life with God's love and grace. Go and plant a seed today.

   
Laurie          

"In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good" Ecclesiastes 11:6
 
GALLERY LINKS

No comments: