Sunday, December 22, 2013

Crossing the Meadow Contemporary Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

  
  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013

Crossing the Meadow 
16 x 20 inches Oil on Canvas. SOLD Commissioned Painting 

I arrived at the smile I wait for and that feeling of energy and completeness.  Incredible knife work with very thick strokes of color complete this dynamic contemporary horse painting heading for the United Kingdom when it is dry. That may be a month as thick as this paint is.  To the drying room it will go.

A new week is already begun and I have sketches in mind as I begin  to work in the studio this week.  

I read something recently that struck home for me as the parent  of adult children with children and some without. As a parent you want and wish for the best for your children. I have to stop myself from over doing and still trying to 'fix' things.  

Neale Donald Walsch sent this out in his message last week.


On this day of your life,  I believe God wants you to know...

...that you cannot help another who will not
help him- or herself.

In the end, all souls must walk their path -- and the
reason they are walking a particular path may not be
clear to us...or even to them at the level of ordinary
human consciousness.

Do what you can to help others, of course.  Show
love and caring whenever and wherever you can.
But do not get caught up in someone else's "story"
to the point where you start writing it. 

Know what I mean?

We really cannot write the story for others. We have to allow our friends, family and our children to live the lives they have chosen. Our responsibility is to live our own life to the best we can. Hope this bit of sharing hit home with someone else. It was enough for me to keep it and share it on my blog. 

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist
Golden Pond Studio



GALLERY LINKS

No comments: