Monday, April 18, 2011

Progress on Crowning the Hill Abstract Horse Painting by Texas Contemporary Equine Artist Laurie Pace

Name Change as I worked..

Progress on Crowning the Hill
4 ft by 4 ft  Oil on Canvas     
Not sure if it is done yet, I am still working on it... will take a few weeks to finish it up and two months to dry.  This is a startling visual painting of three horses completed with a palette knife and lots of paint.



© Laurie Pace   Graphics One Design 1998-2011
Contact Me: Laurie 

Personal Spirituality?

My husband often tells me I live in my world with my rose colored glasses.  I do not like to watch the news. I do not like horror shows, murder mysteries, or noisy gun movies.  I do not like violence.   I live in MY WORLD.  Yes and you live in your world.


In my world there is beauty, kindness, sharing, sunshine, rain (when needed) and every person is giving and caring for each other.  That is my perfect world. Some might call it Neverland.



It does not exist.  All of us live through horrendous happenings, ugly moments, illness, arguments, failures and we seem to remember those better than our fabulous moments of sheer joy and laughter.  It would be slightly delusional to think we could wipe away the ugliness that seems to drag us down.  That shadow of doubt that creeps into our daily lives dimming the light and they joy we have at that moment.


Our world is basically a broken world. We are broken people, far from perfect. A dear friend wrote me about the need to not exist every day, but to live with joy again in her life.  How do you get there?  Neverland seems a galaxy away...but is it really?

You have to take joy and embrace it.  You have to look into the mirror and see you as you are, broken and tired... and love that broken person again.  God loves you so much. He has so much for you.  He has promised you the delights of your heart.  You can't get there if you do not believe in Him.  Every day begin again with joy. Every day count your blessings...all the GOOD wonderful things you can find surrounding you.  Roses blooming in your neighbors yard, the warmth of the sun, the awesome feeling of a warm shower as you wake up in the morning, the first cup of coffee or hot tea.  If you are not feeling joy, you have allowed your senses to die. You cannot feel anymore, so you must learn to feel again.  Focus on visual one day. The next day focus on touch. The day after focus on taste.

Learn how to be joyful day by day and it will slowly return.  My spirituality is based on the beauty that God brings into each moment.  I thank my Mother for instilling this in our home and our lives. 



Laurie        
 
“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” - Romans 10:9-10
 
 
GALLERY LINKS

No comments: