Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Art Lesson with Laurie Pace, and register for free Horse Painting by Wednesday, Nov 20th, 2013.

Combing Elements to create a Painting through color and composition.

This Monday Lesson is about combing more elements. using color to create movement on the surface of this small canvas, I have no intent of what will be painted here.  I literally am basing the color application on good composition and movement along with balance.

This is a small 9 x 12 inch board canvas and I am working the undercoating with acrylics.



After the surface is dry, I began to use my finger in more wet acrylic paint and began to push around the surface trying to mold in my mind what I wanted to form on the composition.  As you know I paint a lot of horses so of course that is what came to mind. See if you can line these up to note where I saw the movement to create this piece.  If I looked long enough, I might have flipped the painting and created a floral piece.

After securing a horse in mind I use more finger painting to form things up and then it was the palette knife I reached for. The layers of color came together with thick swipes of paint.

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013

Journey West
9 x 12 inches Oil on Canvas. 

Since this is lesson Monday, how about we make this a 'give away'? I cannot ship it for the next week as it is wet, but if you want to be included in the drawing for this painting, email me by clicking HERE. 
Include in the message line Monday Lesson Giveaway so I do not miss it.
On Wednesday night I will pull a name from those that email me and the next week I will get the painting in the mail.

Make sure you register to win this free 
contemporary horse painting today.

 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105



Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2014

No comments: